Monday, July 24, 2006

A video game about evolution

NOTICE:

Mute the blog music by clicking the stop button ( or the red 'X' ) located in your browser tool bar above. This will make it easier to hear the sounds on the video. To begin blog music again, refresh the page.



Here is the publicity trailer for the newly designed "Spore." Designed by TheSims creator Will Wright, this soon-to-be-released video game apparently allows the player to recreate history as they wish. The game starts off as a microorganism, which soon can be edited to 'evolve' into any desired creature possible.

Eventually you get to levels with a population of your little critters and can play in a similar fashion, as done in the Civilization games. I must admit that I am interested in this game. I first heard about it through a friend, and then I noticed the article for it in my latest Discover magazine. How ironic that the evolution of the creatures in “Spore” require the work of an intelligent designer.
=-p

I will continue to post videos and information concerning this fascinating new game.

1 comment:

Jason said...

cool, brilliant stuff.
finally a game with some originality.

this is a very stimulating blog by the way. i read your profile. paleontology huh? i admire your courage to go into field of natural science. not many people have guts for it. I myself wanted to study physics in university, but I chickened out and decided to study applied science instead, electrical engineering. i will visit your blog occasionally. see you later